Powerful mobile post-production system
Express Dailies is a powerful and easy to use mobile post-production system for transcoding, archiving, QC and deliverables, Express Dailies sets the bar for functionality and performance, based on Colorfront’s industry leading image science technology and colour tools.
Express Dailies aids DITs worldwide in the grading, data wrangling and encoding workflow for commercials, film and television production and is built on the same technology as Colorfront On-Set Dailies, the leading dailies system for Hollywood features and primetime episodic television.
Express Dailies Highlights
- Single, standardised on-set or near-set file based workflow regardless of the camera with a simple drag-and-drop user interface that anyone can use.
- 64-Bit Performance
- Runs on the new Mac Pro tower and iMac. Support for AJA Kona5 and Io4K cards deliver realtime 4K video playback and high-quality RAW image de-Bayering, including ARRIRAW and Venice and ProRes RAW.
- Extensive Camera Format Support
- Realtime support for all major RAW formats and the latest digital cinematography cameras from RED, Sony, ARRI, Canon, Phantom, Go Pro, as well as DSLRs.
- Faster-than-realtime Deliverables
- Delivers sound-sync’d, colour graded dailies deliverables faster-than-realtime in all formats required for dailies review, post production and archive, including DNxHD 444 for Avid and all ProRes formats for Final Cut, uncompressed DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR, QT, and H264 for web-based dailies and iPad.
- On-Set Look Creation
- Compact location-based look creation for on-set looks, exports and manages 3DLuts to external LUT boxes, including BMD HDLink Pro. Express Dailies supports the IIF/ACES workflow, plus Tangent Devices Element control panel.
- QC and Copies
- For data management and security of material, Express Dailies creates checksum verified copies to multiple destinations, including LTO5. Includes waveform monitor and histogram analysis tools for QC and integrated PDF QC reporting.
- Simple drag & drop user interface
- All major RAW/uncompressed camera source formats
- HDR GUI and HDR video output support
- Color grading, CDL, ARRI Alexa.look file support
- Flexible 32-bits per channel image processing pipeline
- IIF / ACES workflow with OpenEXR file format support
- High performance rendering multiple UHD Deliverables with different burn-ins, watermark
- Simultaneous creation of multiple delivery formats:
- DNxHD MXF, ProRes, H264, HEVC, DPX, OpenEXR
- Sound syncing, Multiple metadata burn-ins
- Built-in waveform, histogram, stereo analysis tools
- Checksum verified copy and LTO archival
- Frame.io integration
Express Dailies 2020 supports the new Mac Pro, providing Windows Supermicro level performance on the Mac.
With the Apple AfterBurner accelerator card, you can further accelerate ProRes and ProRes RAW workflows.
New Mac Pro with 6K XDR display
The new Mac Pro offers upto 28-core processor, upto 2x AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo GPUs, professional SDI video output via AJA Kona5. With the new 6K Pro Display XDR monitor, Express Dailies supports 6K HDR dailies. Apple Mac Pro
27" 5K Retina iMac
CONTROL PANELS SUPPORT
- Tangent Devices ELEMENT panel
- Tangent Devices WAVE, CP200 panels
- AVID Artist Color and Transport panels