High-quality content capture requires starting with the distribution method in mind.
This week's AVIXA POWER HOUR will look at considerations for designing the right interface as well as the sizing and layout of videos for display and streaming. Plus, ways to overcome challenges when the content already exists and must be adapted across multiple screens.
Join Boxer CTO Marc Risby, AVIXA's Charles Heureaux, Jason King, AV Operations Manager and moderator Deborah Jones from the Queen Elizabeth II Centre for an hour of insight, discussion and debate.
CONTENT DISTRIBUTION & MEDIA POWER HOUR: DESIGNING & CAPTURING FOR DISTRIBUTION
Date: February 25th 2021
Time: 18:00 GMT
Deborah Jones, MBA, CTS
Audio Visual/Information Technology Sales Manager
QEII Live, Queen Elizabeth II Centre
- Deborah Jones is currently AV/IT sales at the Queen Elizabeth II Centre, planning and managing the technical aspects of the Centre’s client portfolio.
- Previously she worked for the commercial arm of a charity organisation, The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, where she established an events unit, organising conferences, selling exhibition space, seminars, awards ceremonies and gala dinners and ran their publications, commissioning, editing, publishing and selling their book list.
- Marc Risby has worked in the broadcast and post-production markets for over 25 years.
- Spanning a number of major technological shifts, Marc’s career began as analogue became digital video.
- As the industry evolved from discreet hardware to open-platform computing and file-based systems, Marc has played a key role working directly with customers to provide bespoke solutions to complex workflow problems.
- Currently working in IP Video, Media Streaming, Data Storage, Cloud, AI and Transcoding technologies Marc has an incredible breadth of knowledge of video applications and related technologies.
- He has successfully managed a variety of projects for major customers including the BBC, Thomson Reuters, ITV, ITN, Arqiva and the Discovery Channel.
- As CTO of Boxer, Marc works with international vendors from start ups to enterprise in both a sales and technical capacity, helping shape development of new and existing products for the UK and European markets.
Manager, Audio Visual Operations, Global
- Jason has over 15 years' experience in AV technology and is now the Senior Audio-Visual Specialist at WeWork.
- The role has responsibility for managing, supporting and delivering AV technology across EMEA, Israel and Australia.
- Jason also advises WeWork on best practises in audio visual integration, design, and development.
- His is an active member of AV Cultural forum, Triumph Owners motorcycle club and thebikeshed.cc
Instructional Designer, Content Creation
- Charles works very closely with the education and marketing teams at AVIXA, creating graphics and digital video content that fosters amazing learning experiences.
- Charles is a huge movie buff, missing his weekly trips to the theatre but still able to binge-watching various streaming services.
- After graduating from Full Sail University in 2011 with a degree in Business & Film, Charles focused his career creating digital content all over the country for various industries from Hollywood (Dark Water in theaters & Belle’s on TVOne) to finance/investment (FINRA).
- Creating content for different industries has helped Charles understand the impact distribution has on content creation.
This Power Hour series also includes:
March 10: Re-Architecting and Managing Production Workflows:
Streamlining the workflow process across many different teams, how to manage unexpected changes, mitigating conflict before capture, and collecting the right assets from clients, presenters, and remote participants.
April 7: Production Optimisation:
A successful result starts with managing expectations from both internal teams and external clients. We’ll cover how content should be edited, compressed, formatted, and distributed, as well as managing communication and virtually cueing teams during remote production.
May 12: Media Content Security:
With more devices connected to the network, increased wireless access, and greater content and data volume, the complexity and number of end points to secure becomes daunting.
May 26: Hardware ROI:
The first step in getting the most out of your gear is to evaluate your existing tech to understand what is working and what can be fixed. When it’s time to upgrade, consider how to future-proof your next hardware purchase.
Explore our partner pages to discover more about how Boxer Systems can help your business.