MXF Import QT
£462.00 (£554.40 including VAT)
MXF Import QT provides native access to a broad range of MXF variations without converting or referencing to the QuickTime movie format.
- Save disk space and storage capacity by working directly with native MXF media and without the need to convert and duplicate the data.
- Save time by accessing MXF media directly without waiting for conversions to be completed.
- Take advantage of streaming support by accessing MXF media in ultimate realtime speed without latency, chunking, referencing, or buffering while it’s being transferred or recorded.
- Integrate Final Cut Studio with high-grade broadcast servers and camera devices.
- Import native MXF files directly in Final Cut Pro and other Final Cut Studio applications without converting to MOV.
- Import native MXF files directly in Adobe Creative Suite Premium applications such as Premiere Pro, After Effects and Encore.
- Icon and preview creation in Mac OS X including Quick Look and Cover Flow support in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Edit both OP1a and OP-Atom files in Final Cut Pro and work directly on server based shared storage systems.
- Enhance your editing workflow by using our included MXF tools.
Extensive format support
Directly access various flavors of MXF such as Sony XDCAM (OP1a) and Panasonic P2 (OP-Atom). The solution is also compatible with additional MXF variations coming from broadcast media, ingest, transcoding and playout devices, hard disk recorders, or software that can create MXF files. This makes MXF Import QT a versatile solution that combines direct and conversion-free realtime access to a wide range of MXF variations:
- Panasonic P2 OP-Atom: DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra
- Sony XDCAM OP1a: DV, D-10/IMX, XDCAM HD
- Avid OP-Atom: IMX, DV, DVCPPRO, DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra, DNxHD, Avid Meridien Uncompressed 1:1, Avid Meridien Compressed 2:1, 2:1s, 3:1, 4:1m, 4:1s, 10:1, 10:1m, 14:1 PAL, 15:1s, 20:1, 28:1 PAL, 35:1 PAL
- OP1a GC DV, DVCPRO and DVCPRO HD
- OP1a GC D-10/IMX
- OP1a Uncompressed SD/HD
- OP1a GC MPEG-2 including XDCAM HD and XDCAM EX flavors
- OP1a GC JPEG2000
- PCM audio 48 kHz, 16/20/24-bit
- BWF audio 48 kHz, 16-bit
- AES audio 48 kHz, 16-bit
- AES3 audio 48 kHz, 16/24-bit (2/4/8 channels per track)
Please check the compatibility list for more supported camcorder (e.g. Ikegami Editcam, GF-Series and Thomson Grass Valley Infinity) and broadcast server formats. We are continuously working on further format support. Please check our website frequently for the latest state of development. Thanks to our independent MXF core libraries and internal analyzer application we can continuously add more MXF variations from even more sources.
Edit the same media files in Final Cut Studio and Avid
For the first time Final Cut Studio applications and Avid can work with the same media files on the same storage system. MXF Import QT Import provides access to the native Avid OP-Atom MXF files in various variations. Standard compression types such as Avid IMX30/40/50, DV, DVCPRO25/50, DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra and Uncompressed 1:1 8-bit are being interpreted with Final Cut Pro's standard QuickTime codecs to provide full compatibility, realtime effects and video playout. Also other applications such as Motion, LiveType, Shake, Premiere Pro or After Effects can now import and edit the native Avid MXF files including DNxHD and Avid Meridien Compressed.
Edit-while-... just anything
MXF Import QT Import allows access to growing fast streaming enabled MXF files. This is a very important feature for fast access to live recordings or in general to any transferred media. The most common requirement today is edit-while-ingest which basically means access to video live recordings or file ingests. In addition this could also include various kind of file transfers such as downloads via FTP or even through a standard web browser, file copy processes between network attached workstations or even when copying a file from one local hard disk to another one. Direct access to growing files from partial restores or exports complements these requirements. MXF Import QT provides workflows for Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Studio to directly access streaming MXF files without using reference movies or other tricks. With MXF4mac Final Cut Pro became the first NLE system that was able to directly edit growing OP1a files. No background application is running and no scanning or referencing process is required.
- Update your streaming MXF media in Final Cut Pro with just one mouse click by using the included FxPlug plug-in.
- UpdateFCPMedia launches automatically with Final Cut Pro and provides a new user interface element to fast re-scan and update media files.
- There is zero latency and no buffering or chunking of the recorded, ingested or transferred MXF media - you get what is there in the moment you click on the icon.
- Live ingest and edit MXF directly from broadcast servers (see compatibility list).
- Access and edit XDCAM D-10/IMX and DV based MXF media while the transfer from a XDCAM deck is in progress (see workflow with Xi)
- Access your footage for time critical news and sports production in ultimate realtime speed.
- Don't block the editing system anymore while an ingest in progress.
- Also works with MXF files that are being checked out by Final Cut Server. You can edit OP1a files in Final Cut Pro while the check out transfer to a local client is still in progress.
- Imagine a shooting location that can be linked to the post-production facility through a fast internet connection and start working with MXF files provided by a server. Start testing the key for blue screen footage while downloading it.
- UpdateFCPMedia is a free addition to MXF Import QT.
Speed up your Panasonic P2 workflow with P2 Flow CM
If you are a Panasonic P2 user then you will love this included utility. P2 Flow CM is an easy to use P2 import helper application to speed up and simplify P2 imports tremendously in Final Cut Pro. Again there is pure and native access to the original MXF files without any conversion or referencing to the QuickTime file format.
- P2 Flow CM automates the video and audio linking in Final Cut Pro just within seconds and also provides metadata mapping.
- Final Cut Pro can access the native P2 MXF media directly from the P2 card or from any other compatible storage system.
- For the first time Final Cut Pro and Avid can work on the same native media files.
- P2 Flow CM is a free addition to MXF Import QT (not available in the demo version).
Contact us if you want to include open XML and Mac OS X technologies like this for custom broadcast or post-production workflows with asset management systems or other solutions in your facilities. Please review our P2 workflow documentations and movies and also check the full feature P2 Flow application that will be available soon as a separate advanced edition to MXF Import QT.
There are no support files for this product.
There is no tech spec for this product.
There are no support files for this product.